Hi everyone! I am back with a new recipe and menu. First, I need to apologize for not posting much this week. We traveled back to our home state of Oklahoma, and the shortly after my mother-in-law, her husband, and her mother came out to visit us in the great city of Charleston, SC. I will say that it might happen where I don’t post as much a few times this summer, as this is the time of year the visitors start coming! We have lived here just over a year now, and love getting to show our families (who still live in Oklahoma) our great new city!
Anyway, more to the point. Here is the menu for the week:
- Monday: Vegetarian Hummus Wraps
- Tuesday: Mahi Tacos
- Wednesday: Whole Wheat Penne Pasta Bake
- Thursday: Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Friday: Sausage, Rice, and Bean Bake
- Saturday: Seared Tuna Steaks & Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Sunday: Fajita Taco Salad
The recipe I am sharing today (I promise I will post some from this menu soon), is not on the menu, but was so good I had to share:
- 2 chicken breast
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 squash sliced
- 3 whole carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1/3 cup italian dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place chicken in middle of greased baking dish
- Surround chicken with veggies
- Pour italian dressing and olive oil over the whole dish (make sure to get both sided of the chicken)
- Bake for 40 mins
Hi all. Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I made a quick trip to Oklahoma to visit the fam. Sadly, I didn’t get to spend much time with them, but it was nice getting to see them!
I am back with a weekly menu/new recipe. This recipe is so simple, healthy, and low-carb! I absolutely love it, and I hope you enjoy it just as much as me! First the menu:
- Monday: Spaghetti Squash
- Tuesday: Bell Pepper Nachos
- Wednesday: Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
- Thursday: Pinto Beans & Brown Rice Medley
- Friday: One-dish Chicken & Veggie Bake
- Saturday: Sausage Stir-fry
- Sunday: Low-carb Taco Skillet
And now for the super easy and delicious recipe:
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1/2 tomato chopped
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Brown ground turkey on medium heat
- Chop all veggies
- When turkey is finished add chopped veggies and saute on medium heat for 7 minutes
- Add cheese to turkey and veggie mixture
- Place spinach on two plates
- Top spinach with turkey medley and serve (I serve with hot sauce, feel free to use salsa, sour cream, etc.)
The thing I love most about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can serve it over rice, on tortillas, or over spinach. Also, if you don’t want to chop the tomato or jalapeno, feel free to use a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles to make it even easier!
So, this week I didn’t really follow my menu (trust me it’s ok)! We are leaving to visit family and friends in Oklahoma tomorrow, and I was trying to get rid of ingredients that would go bad while I was gone. Luckily, my husband loves chicken! 😉
This recipe is so good, and so simple! Enjoy!
- 2 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup dry pinto beans (or 1 can if you don’t want to cook them)
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1 chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 tomato chopped
- 1/4 Tbsp lime juice
- hot sauce to taste
- If using dry pinto beans, soak and cook according to package instructions
- Preheat oven to 425
- Top chicken breast with 1/4 cup salsa
- Bake at 425 for 35 mins
- When beans are finished (or if using can) heat them in pan on medium heat with all chopped veggies and black beans for 5-10 mins. Add lime juice.
Hi everyone! I am so sorry, but I am definitely late with my new weekly menu and recipe. It’s been an overwhelming week; I even had to add an extra yoga class for some zen time! Luckily, I have great friends and a spouse here that makes my stressful weeks seem like a birthday party! I don’t want to complain, because I know a lot of people have way more stress than me, but I think we all deserve some stress/vent time!
I hope you enjoy this week’s menu:
- Monday: Fiesta Bowl
- Tuesday: Pinto Beans Tacos
- Wednesday: Crust-less Crockpot Pizza
- Thursday: Rosemary Chicken Salad
- Friday: Spicy Crockpot Soup
- Saturday: Zuchinni Beef &Bean Medley
- Sunday: Zoodle Stir Fry
So, as you can see, I have a couple of crockpot meals listed in my menu. In the summer I love crockpot meals. They don’t heat up your house, and they are super easy so you can enjoy the great outdoors. Keep an eye out, because I will have a few posts about breakfast/crockpot meal prep to give you even more time to enjoy the summer!
Now for my Zucchini Beef & Bean Medley:
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 can of black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large zucchini in quarter squares
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped (or 1 small can of green chiles if you don’t like spicy)
- 1/4 small onion chopped
- ground red pepper to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef on medium high heat until cooked through.
- Chop zucchini into quarter squares and heat in pan with lid for 5 mins with olive oil.
- Add 1/2 can of black beans to cooked brown beef, heat for 2 mins.
- Add diced tomatoes to the bean & beef mixture, heat for another 2 mins.
- Add the chopped veggies to bean & beef mixture, except for zucchini, and heat for 2 mins.
- Add ground red pepper & salt & pepper to your meat mixture (I recommend about 1/2 tsp of red pepper if using jalapenos).
- Add zucchini to the meat mixture, and heat on medium-high heat for 5 mins.
- Serve immediately
Hi all! I hope everyone had a fun Cinco de Mayo yesterday. Today, I am back with a new healthy recipe. This recipe is one of my favorite go-to meals. When I am in a pinch, I almost always have the things needed to make this. It’s simple, delicious, and healthy; a definite triple threat. Hope you enjoy. 🙂
- 2 large bell peppers (or one per person)
- 1/3 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 can whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- cut out stem and seeds of bell peppers (I cut a circle around the top and pull the stem).
- cook brown rice according to package instructions
- brown your ground beef or turkey
- When meat is finished drain and add corn, salsa, and salt and pepper
- Layer brown rice in bottom of bell pepper followed by the meat mixture. Top with cheese
- Bake in baking dish for 25 minutes
Hi everyone! I am a tad bit early this week, but I am back with a new weekly menu and recipe. I think you can tell from the title, but some of the meals in here you have seen before, or have seen a variation of it in an earlier menu. Guess what? It is perfectly ok to make the same recipe in the same month or even within a couple of weeks of each other. Aren’t we all human? Sometimes your brain can not think of something new, or you just really enjoyed when you made the recipe last.
I know that we all make the same things over and over again, and yes, if you do that all the time it gets boring. The good news, you can simply prepare the dish a little bit differently each time and the recipe can still be delicious. For example, with my stuffed bell peppers I changed up the rice this week. Sometimes, I make them vegetarian, more or less spicy, etc. I know you won’t want to do this with every meal (some meals are just to sacred to mess with). but when you can’t come up with anything new just alter an already easy staple in your house and voila, a new creation is made!
This week’s menu is as follows:
- Monday: Vegetarian burrito bowl
- Tuesday: Stuffed bell peppers
- Wednesday: BBQ chicken Hawaiian pizza
- Thursday: Cinco de Mayo Potluck with friends (I’m making enchiladas)
- Friday: Salsa chicken & green beans
- Saturday: Roast with potatoes and carrots
- Sunday: Hamburger steak & sweet potato fries
The recipe for I am leaving you with today is BBQ chicken Hawaiian pizza, and it was oh-so-good! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- Whole wheat thin pizza crust
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce or the amount to your liking
- 1/2 of a large chicken breast or 1 small chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small can of chunk pineapple
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cook chicken in greased skillet on medium-high heat for 3-5 mins on each side or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking lightly coat the crust with olive oil.
- Coat the crust with pizza sauce.
- Top the pizza crust with mozzarella and pineapple.
- When chicken is finished coat with BBQ sauce in a bowl.
- Place chicken on top of the pizza crust.
- Bake pizza for 8-10 mins. or until cheese is bubbling.