Hi everyone! I am so sorry, but I am definitely late with my new weekly menu and recipe. It’s been an overwhelming week; I even had to add an extra yoga class for some zen time! Luckily, I have great friends and a spouse here that makes my stressful weeks seem like a birthday party! I don’t want to complain, because I know a lot of people have way more stress than me, but I think we all deserve some stress/vent time!
I hope you enjoy this week’s menu:
- Monday: Fiesta Bowl
- Tuesday: Pinto Beans Tacos
- Wednesday: Crust-less Crockpot Pizza
- Thursday: Rosemary Chicken Salad
- Friday: Spicy Crockpot Soup
- Saturday: Zuchinni Beef &Bean Medley
- Sunday: Zoodle Stir Fry
So, as you can see, I have a couple of crockpot meals listed in my menu. In the summer I love crockpot meals. They don’t heat up your house, and they are super easy so you can enjoy the great outdoors. Keep an eye out, because I will have a few posts about breakfast/crockpot meal prep to give you even more time to enjoy the summer!
Now for my Zucchini Beef & Bean Medley:
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 can of black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large zucchini in quarter squares
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped (or 1 small can of green chiles if you don’t like spicy)
- 1/4 small onion chopped
- ground red pepper to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef on medium high heat until cooked through.
- Chop zucchini into quarter squares and heat in pan with lid for 5 mins with olive oil.
- Add 1/2 can of black beans to cooked brown beef, heat for 2 mins.
- Add diced tomatoes to the bean & beef mixture, heat for another 2 mins.
- Add the chopped veggies to bean & beef mixture, except for zucchini, and heat for 2 mins.
- Add ground red pepper & salt & pepper to your meat mixture (I recommend about 1/2 tsp of red pepper if using jalapenos).
- Add zucchini to the meat mixture, and heat on medium-high heat for 5 mins.
- Serve immediately