I decided to post a lunch recipe. This wrap is so simple and easy. Of course, it is also healthy and 21 day fix approved. I am finished with the 21 day fix diet, I will still post recipes for it because I made a lot I haven’t posted yet. I lost about 7 pounds total on the diet, but I feel so much better. It is something I would definitely recommend.
This wrap stand for turkey bacon, spinach, & tomato. For those of you doing the 21 day fix the containers used are 1 yellow, 1/2 red, 1/2 veggie, and 1/4 blue if you use cheese. These containers are per wrap.
- carb balance whole wheat tortillas (as many as needed)
- 2 slices of turkey bacon per wrap
- 1 tomato (1 tomato slice per wrap)
- 1 cup baby spinach (or small handful per wrap)
- 1/4 cup shredded colby-jack cheese (optional)
- mustard (optional)
- In skillet cook 3 pieces of turkey bacon at a time, about 4 minutes a side on medium-high heat, or until cooked how you like.
- On your tortilla, lay the tomato, spinach, and cheese if desired in layers.
- Top with cooked turkey bacon and mustard.
Hi everyone. Apparently my definition of tomorrow and the rest of the world’s is different. 🙂 I am back today with this amazing recipe that is super healthy. If, like me, you are doing the 21 day fix then this is the perfect dinner for you. Even if you are not, like my husband, it is still the perfect dinner for you. This definitely got a 5 star rating from the spouse. So, let’s get right to the good stuff.
- 2 thin chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 bundle of asparagus
- 1 large handful of baby spinach torn into pieces
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup or to taste balsamic vinegar
- Italian seasoning to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat sprayed skillet on medium high (about 2 minutes).
- Add chicken to skilled and cook 2-3 minutes aside or until cooked throughout.
- Add tomato, bell pepper, and onion to pan. Sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan, and simmer for 15 minutes (lower the heat just a touch).
If you are keeping track for the 21 day fix this is 1 red, 1 green, and 1 teaspoon (this is if you’re being super good and counting the olive oil spray..I did not count the teaspoon).
Hi everyone! I have been on a trip to Oklahoma to visit the family, so I’ve been off the grid for a bit. I just wanted to let you know I am still here, and plan to be posting another menu and recipe tomorrow. The fun part is I am currently doing the 21 day fix, so all recipes will be appropriate for the plan! If you do it as well let me know. It’s always easier to start something when you know others are doing it with you. Luckily, I have some awesome friends that are joining in the fun. See you tomorrow. 🙂