Hi everyone! Sorry it has been so so long since I have posted on my blog. This is another series in my mom guilt, but there is also a new recipe at the end!! These past few months have simply been crazy! We made a move back to Oklahoma (living across country from both our families was a lot harder than expected). We are currently looking for a house, and I made the transition from stay-at-home mom to a working mom. It’s a huge transition, but I am truly enjoying it.
So, William will be 10 months old tomorrow, and I apparently need to start weaning him from his bottle. He LOVES his bottle. I mean this kid does a celebration scream/dance when he sees it (and honestly I love it). I know it is what is best for not only him, but my future sanity because the longer I wait the harder it will be. I truly know all that, but it is also hard to know that my little baby will no longer be taking a bottle. I am tearing up as I type this. No one talks about how it’s hard for the parent.
I could have started transitioning a month ago, but I really didn’t want to. I am going to miss his high-pitched squeal, and his look of pure joy when he sees that bottle. I just wanted to hang on to that baby moment for just a bit longer. And, this weekend is going to be tough. I feel bad that he isn’t eating table foods much, he is a bit lazy and likes his food pre-chewed (puree). I now have to suck it up and start letting him grow up a little.
Now, for everyone’s favorite part, a recipe! This was super easy, and would have been baby friendly (haha). Skillet Bell Pepper & Turkey Pasta:
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 2 bell peppers your choice of color (I used yellow and orange) diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 16 oz jar pasta sauce
- 1 16 oz package of small or medium shell pasta (I like whole wheat)
- Parmesan cheese shredded (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. I like to pour cold water over mine to help with sticking.
- Brown turkey in skillet until it is cooked thoroughly, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and onion to turkey and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add pasta and pasta sauce.
- Simmer in skillet on medium-low heat for about 6-8 minutes.
- Serve and top with cheese if desired.