Hey everyone! I am back with a new simple and low carb meal. I have been trying to do less bread, because I really just eat too much of it, so I came up with this gem. Also, I recently got a spiralizer and wanted an excuse to use it more.
This was husband approved, and he was skeptical. 😉 Luckily, it was fantastic. I really try to cook as healthy as possible, and this recipe checks off all the healthy requirements (at least by me). Hopefully, everyone will enjoy it just as much as we did!
- 1 large chicken breast cut up into cubes
- 1 bell pepper sliced (I used yellow, use whichever you like)
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 zucchini spiralized
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/2 cup shredded colby jack or mexican cheese
- 1 tsp rosemary or to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spiralize zucchini into greased baking dish.
- Place cut up chicken cubes on top of zucchini.
- Place the bell pepper and onion on top of chicken.
- Season the zucchini, chicken, peppers, and onion with the spices.
- Top the mixture with diced tomatoes with green chiles.
- Bake the dish for 25 minutes.
- Pull the dish out and top with cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Remeber I cook for two. This will serve 3, but for more up the ingredients a bit!
Hello again. I have a new, and super easy recipe and new menu. I am still moving, this recipe is not on the new menu. No worries, I will post more recipes that come from the menu. I should be finished moving this week, so I should be back to posting way more soon! Yay! 🙂
The new menu:
- Sunday: low country boil
- Monday: italian black bean medley
- Tuesday: zoodle chicken fajita bake
- Wednesday: chicken and veggie alfredo
- Thursday: steak smothered in onion and pepper with asparagus
- Friday: spinach fiesta salad
- Saturday: hamburger, zucchini, and pepper bake
Here is everything you need to make the yummy and easy tacos! 🙂
- romaine lettuce hearts 1 bag
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 can of black beans
- 1/2 can sweet yellow corn with peppers
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- salsa for topping
- Brown ground turkey in skillet on medium high heat.
- Add black beans, corn, and spices and heat for 10 mins.
- Put cheese and salsa in romaine hearts for tacos.
- Layer the meat mixture on top of cheese and salsa.
Hi everyone. I am so sorry I haven’t been posting as much as I should. Summer is always a bit busier for me with visitors and such, but we just bought a new place and have been moving. By mid July or early August I should slow down again and be posting more, instead of just once a week. Keep checking out my page though, because I will post as much as possible!
Today I am sharing this oh-so-easy recipe. I had never made it before, but it ended up being a huge hit. It was so good, and if you are not into spicy you can use the mild diced tomatoes.
- 2 large chicken breast
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 yellow squash sliced
- 1 can cream of celery soup (if you want it a bit healthier use plain greek yogurt and add celery spice, chives, dill or any other spice you like)
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded mexican cheese (make it as cheesy as you want, no judgement)
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- In greased or oiled baking dish place 2 chicken breast and surround with squash and zucchini.
- Top chicken and veggies with cream of chicken soup and then diced tomatoes.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Remove chicken dish from oven and top with cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 mins or until cheese is bubbling.
I am back with a very simple, low carb, healthy, and delicious meal! This is Turkey Guac burgers with asparagus. The guacamole is homemade, but feel free to use your favorite store-bought brand to make this even more of a breeze. So I am going to get right to the good stuff.
Ingredients (this will have ingredients to make guac):
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 1/4 cup mozzarella
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 tomato diced
- 1/2 small onion diced
- garlic salt to taste
- 1/4 cup lime juice (or to taste-I like a lot of lime)
- salt & pepper to taste
- season salt to taste
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Peel and smash with fork avocado in bowl
- Add tomato and onion to avocado
- add salt, pepper, garlic salt, and lime juice to taste
- mix thoroughly
- feel free to add any other seasoning or spices of your choice
Directions (Turkey Burgers):
- Shape ground turkey into patties
- Season patties with salt, pepper, and season salt on both sides
- In a greased skillet cook patties for 5-7 mins on medium-high heat on both sides, or until turkey is completely cooked
- Top burgers with mozzarella, then guacamole
- Place asparagus in greased skillet
- Top with salt, pepper, vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil
- Cook on medium-high heat for 10-15 mins or until soft
Hi all! I am back with a new menu and recipe. I know I haven’t been very good these past couple of weeks with posting, but I promise I will be posting more recipes this week! Today I am sharing this super simple and delicious pasta bake. Before we get to the good stuff, here is this week’s menu.
- Monday: veggie quesadillas
- Tuesday: guacamole Turkey burgers & fiesta corn
- Wednesday: zoodles and meatballs
- Thursday: ground turkey veggie skillet
- Friday: cheesy chicken and rice with broccoli
- Saturday: ground turkey cheeseburger casserole
- Sunday: breakfast pizza
Now for the good stuff!
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 jar spaghetti sauce of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Chop all of your veggies.
- Sautee your vegetables on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- When pasta is finished mix together veggies, sauce, and noodles.
- Place mixture in baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake dish for 20-25 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbly.