I can’t believe it’s been 4 months since my last post. First, I want to say I am sorry. Life took hold and the moment I thought I had a minute something else popped up. I traveled to Oklahoma twice, once for my brother-in-laws shower, and then a little over a month later for his wedding.
In between these visits (on Mother’s Day in fact) I found out I was pregnant (obviously from the photo). I was/am excited, overwhelmed, and all the other emotions that go along with finding out you’re going to be a parent. It was planned, but as always, I wasn’t expecting it to happen so fast! I of course was sick a lot and not eating a lot, so I didn’t really have much to post. Honestly, I didn’t really feel like it.
Then, my dad went into a routine colon surgery, and ended up having 3 surgeries in about 5 days. He was in the hospital much longer than expected, and he is still in recovery. The good news is that at least he is home now, but there is still a long road ahead. I will actually going back to Oklahoma in a week, and staying for 3 weeks just to get some family time. I will actually post while I am there this time.
My food aversions are for the most part gone, I am getting my energy back and decided to get back on my blog. I have really missed it these past few months. I am hoping I will start adding an expectant mother/new mother posts to my blog as I go through this experience! Well, enough about me let’s get to the food.
Pineapple & Salsa Stuffed Chicken:
- 2 large chicken breasts
- one can chunk pineapple
- 1/4 cup medium salsa
- side of your choice
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick oil.
- Cut chicken breast length-wise in half.
- Place as many chunks of pineapple you would like and half the salsa in chicken breast.
- Bake chicken for 40-45 minutes or until completely cooked.
I know this is a super easy recipe, but it is oh-so-good!
Just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Or if you do not celebrate Christmas a Merry Festivus! I just hope everyone is having a blessed day, and spending much needed quality time with friends and family!
Once again wishing everyone Happy Holidays!
Hi everyone! I have been on a trip to Oklahoma to visit the family, so I’ve been off the grid for a bit. I just wanted to let you know I am still here, and plan to be posting another menu and recipe tomorrow. The fun part is I am currently doing the 21 day fix, so all recipes will be appropriate for the plan! If you do it as well let me know. It’s always easier to start something when you know others are doing it with you. Luckily, I have some awesome friends that are joining in the fun. See you tomorrow. 🙂
Hi all! I hope everyone had a fun Cinco de Mayo yesterday. Today, I am back with a new healthy recipe. This recipe is one of my favorite go-to meals. When I am in a pinch, I almost always have the things needed to make this. It’s simple, delicious, and healthy; a definite triple threat. Hope you enjoy. 🙂
- 2 large bell peppers (or one per person)
- 1/3 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 can whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- cut out stem and seeds of bell peppers (I cut a circle around the top and pull the stem).
- cook brown rice according to package instructions
- brown your ground beef or turkey
- When meat is finished drain and add corn, salsa, and salt and pepper
- Layer brown rice in bottom of bell pepper followed by the meat mixture. Top with cheese
- Bake in baking dish for 25 minutes
Today is my 4 year anniversary!! I couldn’t be more happy. I was extremely lucky, and married my best friend. He has encouraged me to pursue my love in life, and I get to stay home and figure that out. He is truly amazing!
Anyway, I am done with the sappy stuff. Today, I thought I would share a super simple recipe that could be made at home for a special occasion!!!
I recently made chicken alfredo, and it was delicious and so easy (I cheated and used store-bought alfredo sauce, feel free to make your own)! The recipe is as follows:
- whole wheat fettucine noodles
- 1/2 jar HT Traders Alfredo sauce
- 1 boneless skin-less chicken breast
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil chicken breast on medium/high heat for 40 minutes.
- Shred chicken.
- Heat alfredo sauce and chicken on medium heat for 15 mins.
- While chicken and sauce are heating, boil fettucine noodles according to package instructions.
- Mix together cooked noodles and alfredo chicken sauce and heat for 5 mins on medium heat.
- Serve immediately (I served with a side salad, but feel free to serve with side of your choice or alone).
It’s time for a new weekly menu and recipe! As you know, my husband spent a week fishing in the Bahamas. He brought back several pounds of Mahi and Tuna. This, of course, means that this weeks menu includes a lot of fish!
- Monday: seared tuna spinach salad
- Tuesday: Mahi tacos
- Wednesday: chicken fettucine alfredo
- Thursday: tuna steaks & asparagus
- Friday: burgers, grilled corn, and guacamole
- Saturday: zoodle spaghetti & side salad
- Sunday: mozzarella & spinach stuffed chicken breast with sweet potato fries
I am going to share with you the delicious recipe for seared tuna spinach salad!
- 1 large tuna filet
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup banana peppers
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mozzarella or cheese of your choice
- Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Season the tuna filet with all seasonings (1/2 on each side).
- Turn the skillet up to high heat and cook tuna for 2 mins on each side.
- Layer spinach, banana peppers, avocado, & cheese.
- Slice the tuna and place on top of the spinach.
- Serve with your favorite salad dressing, vinegar & oil, or nothing at all!
Today, I thought I would share a quote to celebrate our Earth.
Today is Earth Day, so be aware of your impact on our beautiful planet! I love this and we can all decide what we want to leave behind! Happy Earth Day!:
My final 3 nominees are:
If you accept this challenge, thank who nominated you, and post 1-3 quotes for 3 consecutive days, nominating 3 fellow bloggers to do the same.
Make sure to check back, I will be posting a new recipe soon!!!