Hi everyone! Today, I am posting a recipe I just made last night. My husband had been gone all day sailing, and had to wake up the next morning super early for a flight. So, he needed something quick, healthy, and filling. I poked my head around my refrigerator and cabinets, and came up with this yummy meal. It was so good, and took so little time. We were full and happy, so I decided to share it with all of you!
This is a quick recipe, and you can change it to fit whatever you have on hand in your pantry/refrigerator. If you don’t have sausage you can use hamburger, black beans, mushrooms, or whatever you feel like. Also, if you want to be a bit fancier than me, you can make your own pasta sauce (I have done this before, but like I said I needed super fast). That’s the thing I love about recipes, you can always adjust them to make them your own!
- 1-2 Italian sausage links cut up into small cubes (I cut in half length wise, and then dice)
- 2 cups whole wheat Rotini
- 1/4 small red onion diced
- 1 cup Kale chopped
- 1-1 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded italian cheese
- In a skillet cook italian sausage for 2-3 minutes a side or until cooked throughout.
- When sausage is done cooking start rotini according to package instructions.
- Add onion to the sausage in skillet and saute for about 2 minutes, and then add Kale and sautee for another 2-3 minutes or until Kale is wilted.
- Let pan cool for a few minutes, and then add spaghetti sauce and heat for a few minutes or until sauce bubbles.
- When pasta is finished, drain the pasta. Put pasta back in pan, and add the sauce mix.
- Serve with cheese on top.