Hey all! I finally back. 🙂 I have no visitors or trips planned until November. This has been a crazy summer for me, so I should be able to dedicate more time to my blog now that things are calming down! I hope you all are as excited about that as I am.
The recipe I am sharing with you today is so easy, and delicious. This was the most moist, or (for people who hate that word), most juicy chicken I have made. It was a hit, and my husband requested it again just a few short nights later. I hope you love it as much as he did.
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- Aluminium foil for asparagus
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- In sprayed baking dish (with any cooking spray of your choosing) place 2 chicken breast.
- Pour the chicken broth into the dish.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, and the salt & pepper.
- Place the lemon wedges in each corner of the baking dish.
- Cook the chicken for 35 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Coat the asparagus with EVOO, salt, and pepper.
- Bake the asparagus for 25 minutes (so put in the oven after 10 minutes have passed for the chicken).
I am honestly the world’s worst when it comes to posting. I know I sound like a broken record, but this summer has been hectic. I have visitors coming later this month and a trip planned, but October should be pretty slow (good news for my blog)!
I hope everyone had a fantastic labor day weekend. I know I did. This week I FINALLY have a new menu. I also have this amazing dish to share with you. I was a bit worried about the mix o flavors with this one, but they ended up turning out exactly as I hoped. Even if you are not health conscious, this is a recipe I would recommend (not to toot my own horn or anything).
First things first, here is the new menu:
- Monday: Pinto bean veggie bowl
- Tuesday: Buffalo chicken southwest salad
- Wednesday: Spaghetti squash lasagna
- Thursday: BBQ baked chicken and green beans
- Friday: Whole wheat noodle & veggie soup
- Saturday: Hamburger veggie casserole
- Sunday: Homemade thin crust veggie pizza
You’ll notice I was on a veggie kick this week, but with the farmers markets coming to an end soon, I thought I would take complete advantage. 🙂 For those still doing 21 day Fix, this is 1 red, 1 green, and 1 blue container.
Hamburger Veggie Casserole:
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 zucchini halved and sliced
- 1/4 large red onion largely diced
- 1 whole carrot halved and sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 can of diced tomatoes with green chili’s
- 1/4-1/2 cup Colby-jack shredded cheese
- salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in medium-high skillet until completely cooked about 5-7 minutes.
- Chop vegetables and place them in a sprayed baking dish.
- Add beef to the top of veggies.
- Layer the 1/2 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies evenly on top of the beef.
- Season the pan with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning over the meat and veggie mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.