Today is my 4 year anniversary!! I couldn’t be more happy. I was extremely lucky, and married my best friend. He has encouraged me to pursue my love in life, and I get to stay home and figure that out. He is truly amazing!
Anyway, I am done with the sappy stuff. Today, I thought I would share a super simple recipe that could be made at home for a special occasion!!!
I recently made chicken alfredo, and it was delicious and so easy (I cheated and used store-bought alfredo sauce, feel free to make your own)! The recipe is as follows:
- whole wheat fettucine noodles
- 1/2 jar HT Traders Alfredo sauce
- 1 boneless skin-less chicken breast
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil chicken breast on medium/high heat for 40 minutes.
- Shred chicken.
- Heat alfredo sauce and chicken on medium heat for 15 mins.
- While chicken and sauce are heating, boil fettucine noodles according to package instructions.
- Mix together cooked noodles and alfredo chicken sauce and heat for 5 mins on medium heat.
- Serve immediately (I served with a side salad, but feel free to serve with side of your choice or alone).
It’s time for a new weekly menu and recipe! As you know, my husband spent a week fishing in the Bahamas. He brought back several pounds of Mahi and Tuna. This, of course, means that this weeks menu includes a lot of fish!
- Monday: seared tuna spinach salad
- Tuesday: Mahi tacos
- Wednesday: chicken fettucine alfredo
- Thursday: tuna steaks & asparagus
- Friday: burgers, grilled corn, and guacamole
- Saturday: zoodle spaghetti & side salad
- Sunday: mozzarella & spinach stuffed chicken breast with sweet potato fries
I am going to share with you the delicious recipe for seared tuna spinach salad!
- 1 large tuna filet
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup banana peppers
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mozzarella or cheese of your choice
- Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Season the tuna filet with all seasonings (1/2 on each side).
- Turn the skillet up to high heat and cook tuna for 2 mins on each side.
- Layer spinach, banana peppers, avocado, & cheese.
- Slice the tuna and place on top of the spinach.
- Serve with your favorite salad dressing, vinegar & oil, or nothing at all!
Today, I thought I would share a quote to celebrate our Earth.
Today is Earth Day, so be aware of your impact on our beautiful planet! I love this and we can all decide what we want to leave behind! Happy Earth Day!:
My final 3 nominees are:
If you accept this challenge, thank who nominated you, and post 1-3 quotes for 3 consecutive days, nominating 3 fellow bloggers to do the same.
Make sure to check back, I will be posting a new recipe soon!!!
What an awesome and inspiring quote! We all know Marilyn wasn’t perfect, but this is such a perfect quote to live by. You are you for a reason, so own it!
My second set of nominees are:
If you accept this challenge, post 1-3 quotes for 3 consecutive days, nominating 3 fellow bloggers to do the same!
Thank you Vicki https://www.vickgoodwin.wordpress.com for nominating me for the 3 day quote challenge!
This is a quote I have lived by my whole life! I think everyone should believe in themselves and never set your standards low, if I did, I would never have had the courage to start this blog!
If you accept this challenge, post 1-3 quotes for 3 consecutive days, nominating 3 fellow bloggers to do the same.
Happy Quoting! 🙂
Hi all! I am back with a new weekly menu. I don’t have any meals from this week cooked or pictured, because my husband is still in the Bahamas for work (insert green envy face here). However, I will include a different and still delicious recipe, I couldn’t leave everyone completely hanging! Don’t worry I will be making these later in the week, and will post recipes to go with the menu.
This next week’s menu is:
- Monday: Vegetarian Chili
- Tuesday: Cincinnati style Spaghetti
- Wednesday: Spaghetti Squash Bake
- Thursday: One Skillet Taco Bake
- Friday: Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Saturday: Southwest Chicken Salad
- Sunday: Hawaiian Pizza
This recipe I am leaving you with is super easy, and very yummy!
- 2 chicken breast
- 1/2 pound of okra
- 1/2 cup italian dressing
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- place chicken in greased baking dish
- Apply a coat of italian dressing on both sides of the chicken breast
- bake for 35 min
- place okra in aluminum foil
- coat okra with olive oil and salt &pepper
- place on a baking dish and bake for 20 mins
I am back with a new recipe! You will notice that this recipe is from a previous weekly menu. My husband is disappearing to the Bahamas for a “company” all boys deep-sea fishing trip (no worries, I’m not jealous at all…….). This means I don’t have any pics of my meals from this weeks menu, I promise they will be posted soon! However, I absolutely adore this recipe. It is so simple, yummy, and the most healthy nachos you will ever eat!
- 1/4 pound ground turkey
- Organic blue corn tortillas
- 1 can fat-free refried beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/4 cup baby spinach torn
- plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 small tomato diced
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- homemade or store-bought guacamole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- cook the ground turkey on medium high heat for 5 mins or until cooked throughout
- In a greased baking dish place a layer of organic tortilla chips
- next spoon the refried beans on top of the chips evenly
- layer the black beans on top of the refried beans
- lay the torn spinach on top of the black beans
- next place the cooked ground turkey on top
- cover with cheese
- top with tomato, onion, and black olives
- bake for 20 mins or until cheese is browning and bubbly
- garnish with salsa, greek yogurt, and guacamole