Today is my 4 year anniversary!! I couldn’t be more happy. I was extremely lucky, and married my best friend. He has encouraged me to pursue my love in life, and I get to stay home and figure that out. He is truly amazing!
Anyway, I am done with the sappy stuff. Today, I thought I would share a super simple recipe that could be made at home for a special occasion!!!
I recently made chicken alfredo, and it was delicious and so easy (I cheated and used store-bought alfredo sauce, feel free to make your own)! The recipe is as follows:
- whole wheat fettucine noodles
- 1/2 jar HT Traders Alfredo sauce
- 1 boneless skin-less chicken breast
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil chicken breast on medium/high heat for 40 minutes.
- Shred chicken.
- Heat alfredo sauce and chicken on medium heat for 15 mins.
- While chicken and sauce are heating, boil fettucine noodles according to package instructions.
- Mix together cooked noodles and alfredo chicken sauce and heat for 5 mins on medium heat.
- Serve immediately (I served with a side salad, but feel free to serve with side of your choice or alone).
It’s time for a new weekly menu and recipe! As you know, my husband spent a week fishing in the Bahamas. He brought back several pounds of Mahi and Tuna. This, of course, means that this weeks menu includes a lot of fish!
- Monday: seared tuna spinach salad
- Tuesday: Mahi tacos
- Wednesday: chicken fettucine alfredo
- Thursday: tuna steaks & asparagus
- Friday: burgers, grilled corn, and guacamole
- Saturday: zoodle spaghetti & side salad
- Sunday: mozzarella & spinach stuffed chicken breast with sweet potato fries
I am going to share with you the delicious recipe for seared tuna spinach salad!
- 1 large tuna filet
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup banana peppers
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mozzarella or cheese of your choice
- Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Season the tuna filet with all seasonings (1/2 on each side).
- Turn the skillet up to high heat and cook tuna for 2 mins on each side.
- Layer spinach, banana peppers, avocado, & cheese.
- Slice the tuna and place on top of the spinach.
- Serve with your favorite salad dressing, vinegar & oil, or nothing at all!
Today, I thought I would share a quote to celebrate our Earth.
Today is Earth Day, so be aware of your impact on our beautiful planet! I love this and we can all decide what we want to leave behind! Happy Earth Day!:
My final 3 nominees are:
If you accept this challenge, thank who nominated you, and post 1-3 quotes for 3 consecutive days, nominating 3 fellow bloggers to do the same.
Make sure to check back, I will be posting a new recipe soon!!!
What an awesome and inspiring quote! We all know Marilyn wasn’t perfect, but this is such a perfect quote to live by. You are you for a reason, so own it!
My second set of nominees are:
If you accept this challenge, post 1-3 quotes for 3 consecutive days, nominating 3 fellow bloggers to do the same!
Thank you Vicki https://www.vickgoodwin.wordpress.com for nominating me for the 3 day quote challenge!
This is a quote I have lived by my whole life! I think everyone should believe in themselves and never set your standards low, if I did, I would never have had the courage to start this blog!
If you accept this challenge, post 1-3 quotes for 3 consecutive days, nominating 3 fellow bloggers to do the same.
Happy Quoting! 🙂
Hi all! I am back with a new weekly menu. I don’t have any meals from this week cooked or pictured, because my husband is still in the Bahamas for work (insert green envy face here). However, I will include a different and still delicious recipe, I couldn’t leave everyone completely hanging! Don’t worry I will be making these later in the week, and will post recipes to go with the menu.
This next week’s menu is:
- Monday: Vegetarian Chili
- Tuesday: Cincinnati style Spaghetti
- Wednesday: Spaghetti Squash Bake
- Thursday: One Skillet Taco Bake
- Friday: Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Saturday: Southwest Chicken Salad
- Sunday: Hawaiian Pizza
This recipe I am leaving you with is super easy, and very yummy!
- 2 chicken breast
- 1/2 pound of okra
- 1/2 cup italian dressing
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- place chicken in greased baking dish
- Apply a coat of italian dressing on both sides of the chicken breast
- bake for 35 min
- place okra in aluminum foil
- coat okra with olive oil and salt &pepper
- place on a baking dish and bake for 20 mins
I am back with a new recipe! You will notice that this recipe is from a previous weekly menu. My husband is disappearing to the Bahamas for a “company” all boys deep-sea fishing trip (no worries, I’m not jealous at all…….). This means I don’t have any pics of my meals from this weeks menu, I promise they will be posted soon! However, I absolutely adore this recipe. It is so simple, yummy, and the most healthy nachos you will ever eat!
- 1/4 pound ground turkey
- Organic blue corn tortillas
- 1 can fat-free refried beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/4 cup baby spinach torn
- plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 small tomato diced
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- homemade or store-bought guacamole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- cook the ground turkey on medium high heat for 5 mins or until cooked throughout
- In a greased baking dish place a layer of organic tortilla chips
- next spoon the refried beans on top of the chips evenly
- layer the black beans on top of the refried beans
- lay the torn spinach on top of the black beans
- next place the cooked ground turkey on top
- cover with cheese
- top with tomato, onion, and black olives
- bake for 20 mins or until cheese is browning and bubbly
- garnish with salsa, greek yogurt, and guacamole
Hi everyone! I am back with a new weekly menu, and recipe! In my weekly menu, you are going to notice that I have a night labeled as date night. I think that it is important that you take a night off every so often. I know, that if I don’t get a night to just go out with my husband, and not have to cook I would go crazy!
This night doesn’t have to be a night at a restaurant (there are so many other options), and it doesn’t even have to be just you and your significant other (although, those nights are important). It can be an order pizza and game night with the family (or chinese etc.). Or, it can still be homemade, you just need to make sure you prepared it ahead of time in an aluminum dish and using all paper products (this is a night supposed to be cleaning and stress free)! However you decide to spend your free night is fine, but make sure it is an easy fun night for you!!!
Now it’s time for my weekly menu!
- Monday: black bean burgers & sweet potato fries
- Tuesday: mexican crescent roll casserole
- Wednesday: mediterranean stuffed chicken
- Thursday: low carb meatball casserole
- Friday: date night or family night
- Sat: pepperoni pasta salad
- Sun: chicken parmesean
Also, here is the recipe for my mexican crescent roll casserole, it was so yummy!
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 can reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 a small onion diced
- 1 can of hot rotel (drained)
- 1 can of golden sweet corn (drained)
- 1/2 small can of sliced black olives (drained)
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground turkey in a pan until cooked thouroghly about 5 mins on medium high heat.
- Dice the onion.
- In 9×9 greased pan, take 1/2 of the crescent rolls and cover the bottom of the pan (pictured below).
- Add all of the veggies and and 1/4 cup of cheese to the brown turkey and heat for 3 mins.
- Add the ground turkey and veggie mixture on top of the crescent rolls.
- Use the remaining cheese over the top of the turkey and veggies.
- Spread the remaining crescent rolls over the cheese.
- Bake for 13-17 mins, or until crescent rolls are done.
The first thing my husband said, “this is a vegetarian meal for carnivores.” I was ecstatic! My husband was raised on the classic southern diet of meat and potatoes, so for him to love this meal was a, gold star for me! Luckily, for him and me, his palate has expanded, and he loves to try my experiments in the kitchen (he is still getting used to some new flavors). 🙂
So, what is this veggie meal for carnivores? It is this awesome veggie lasagna, perfect for all! I hope you enjoy it as much as the hubs!
- Oven ready no boil lasagna noodles
- Ricotta cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Baby Spinach
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- small can of diced black olives
- 1/2 zucchini diced
- 1/2 summer squash diced
- Spaghetti Sauce (I use organic or you can make your own)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- dice all of your veggies & tear up about 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- saute all of your vegetables on medium heat for 5 mins
- Spray your baking dish with olive oil (I used an 8×8, but you may use bigger)
- Put a layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the dish and top with about 1/3 of your veggies.
- Layer noodles, ricotta, and mozzarella on top of the sauce mix
- Continue layering
- When you reach your last layer, top with the sauce and veggies (don’t add the cheese).
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour
- Remove aluminum foil add mozzarella and bake for an additional 5 mins or until cheese is bubbly
One thing I love about this recipe is you can add or take out any veggies you want! I love mushrooms, but my husband hates them, so if it were just me I would add them!
Hi everyone! I hope you all have been enjoying my menus and recipes. Today, I want to explain the thought process behind some of my menus. It makes coming up with meals a bit simpler, and you can always change it up!
When I sit down to write-up my menu, I follow some pretty obvious ideas. I usually do a no meat Monday, so Monday becomes Meatless Monday. Everyone loves a Taco Tuesday, sometimes I stick to tacos or I do a fun mexican inspired dish. I love Italian food so I always think Wine Wednesday, because what Italian food doesn’t go great with wine! 😉 I try to do one low carb meal a week, and that goes on Thursdays, sorry, there’s no cute phrase for that one (maybe thirsty thursday…..)! I try to make a fresh new meal or a light and fresh meal, so Friday becomes Fresh Friday!!
I don’t really have anything for the weekend days, but I can usually think of 2 meals without prompts. If I’m completely stuck I prowl the internet for inspiration.
I don’t always follow these rules, sometime I don’t even put the meals that fit those categories on those days (GASP)! It’s just a nice guideline for when I’m stuck and trying to find out what sounds good for the week!
Here is a menu that follows those rules:
- Monday: Mediterranean Veggie Pizza
- Tuesday: Soft Tacos and Guacamole
- Wednesday: Veggie Lasagna
- Thursday: Chicken and Cauliflower Rice
- Friday: Chicken Strawberry and Walnut Spinach Salad
- Saturday: Turkey Nachos
- Sunday: Ravioli Pasta Salad
Also here is a recipe for the Ravioli Pasta Salad:
Prep Time: 1 hour if using non instant rice, Cook Time: 10 mins, Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 1 package ravioli (I used Buitoni 3 cheese)
- shredded Italian Cheese
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1 small can of diced black olives
- 1/2 small tomato diced
- 1/4 small onion diced
- handful of sun-dried tomatoes diced
- handful of baby spinach torn up into pieces
- handful of jarred mild banana pepper rings diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 a cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook Wild Rice according to package instructions (can always use instant rice to save on time)
- Cook Ravioli according to package instructions
- Dice all of your veggies
- When rice is finished add all of your veggies except spinach to the pan and saute on medium low heat with 1/2 the amount of olive oil called for, for 5 mins
- Add spinach and ravioli to the pan
- Then add italian seasoning, salt & pepper, garlic, and rest of oil to the pan turn to low heat add rest of the olive oil and simmer for 2 mins.
- Turn heat off and stir in Cheese
Can serve immediately or put in the refrigerator for 30 mins and serve chilled.