This is such a fun and easy recipe! I enjoyed cooking this just as much as I enjoyed cooking it. It taste delicious, quick prep time, and healthy. I served mine with a side salad, but any vegetable you want to serve on the side would work. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did.
- 2 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (I used Trader Joe’s Mediterranean feta)
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your chicken breast along the side to create a pocket (pictured below).
- Stuff your breast with the spinach and feta.
- Place chicken breast in baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick.
- Pour the Italian dressing on the sides of the chicken breast.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes or until completely cooked through.
I am back (finally) with a new recipe and menu! This recipe is so easy and low carb. I have been eating less and less breads, and my meals are reflecting that. Not to worry, I will still have carb recipes for all the bread lovers of the world (which includes me hence having to cut back a little).
I also have a new menu for the week, which I promise I actually have time to post some of the recipes this week! We are finally getting settled in our new home, and it is a bit less hectic this week. Next week, however, I will be traveling back to Oklahoma to visit family and will try my very best to post at least once that week.
First thing first, here is the new menu:
- Monday:stuffed chicken with spinach and feta
- Tuesday:chili relleno casserole
- Wednesday:zoodle chicken pesto
- Thursday:burger bowls
- Friday:chicken berry salad
- Saturday:sausage, beans, and pepper skillet
- Sunday:steak & tomato mozzarella salad
Now for the delicious recipe that is pictured.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 small can of slice black olives
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet on medium-high heat cook ground turkey with all spices until cooked thoroughly.
- Spray a baking dish with extra virgin olive oil (I use the store brand cooking spray).
- Layer the finished ground turkey in the baking dish.
- On top of the ground turkey layer use 1/4 of the cheese.
- Next, layer the diced bell pepper and onion.
- Top the bell pepper and onions with the enchilada sauce.
- Top with cheese and sliced black olives.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
If you have read my blog you know that I am a planner. I started tonight making Guacamole Turkey burgers, but as I went to retrieve my avocado I noticed it was growing mold. My initial feeling was to freak out. I DO NOT like having my plans go awry (it’s a problem I know). Proudly, this time I didn’t let it side-track me. Oh, I also didn’t tell you this was half-way through the cooking of the turkey burgers…..
I realized I needed a new plan and quick! I opened the refrigerator, pulled out an onion and BBQ sauce and formed a new plan. I sliced the onion, placed it on top of the burgers and smothered them in BBQ sauce. The funny thing, I’m pretty sure these turned out better than what I had originally planned. Life is funny that way sometimes. 🙂
- 3/4 pound ground turkey made into two patties
- paprika to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- rosemary to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 2 cleans slices of medium onion
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Pre-heat greased skillet on medium-low(I set it to a 4)
- Season turkey on both sides with the paprika, salt, pepper, rosemary, and garlic powder. (I said to taste but I just covered both sides with spices)
- Place turkey burgers in pre-heated greased skillet. Cook for 10 minutes a side.
- When you flip the burger over after the first 10 minutes place the onion and BBQ sauce on each patty (1 onion sliced and 1/4 cup BBQ sauce per patty).
- Serve (I served mine with baked asparagus).