Hi everyone! I am a tad bit early this week, but I am back with a new weekly menu and recipe. I think you can tell from the title, but some of the meals in here you have seen before, or have seen a variation of it in an earlier menu. Guess what? It is perfectly ok to make the same recipe in the same month or even within a couple of weeks of each other. Aren’t we all human? Sometimes your brain can not think of something new, or you just really enjoyed when you made the recipe last.
I know that we all make the same things over and over again, and yes, if you do that all the time it gets boring. The good news, you can simply prepare the dish a little bit differently each time and the recipe can still be delicious. For example, with my stuffed bell peppers I changed up the rice this week. Sometimes, I make them vegetarian, more or less spicy, etc. I know you won’t want to do this with every meal (some meals are just to sacred to mess with). but when you can’t come up with anything new just alter an already easy staple in your house and voila, a new creation is made!
This week’s menu is as follows:
- Monday: Vegetarian burrito bowl
- Tuesday: Stuffed bell peppers
- Wednesday: BBQ chicken Hawaiian pizza
- Thursday: Cinco de Mayo Potluck with friends (I’m making enchiladas)
- Friday: Salsa chicken & green beans
- Saturday: Roast with potatoes and carrots
- Sunday: Hamburger steak & sweet potato fries
The recipe for I am leaving you with today is BBQ chicken Hawaiian pizza, and it was oh-so-good! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- Whole wheat thin pizza crust
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce or the amount to your liking
- 1/2 of a large chicken breast or 1 small chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small can of chunk pineapple
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cook chicken in greased skillet on medium-high heat for 3-5 mins on each side or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking lightly coat the crust with olive oil.
- Coat the crust with pizza sauce.
- Top the pizza crust with mozzarella and pineapple.
- When chicken is finished coat with BBQ sauce in a bowl.
- Place chicken on top of the pizza crust.
- Bake pizza for 8-10 mins. or until cheese is bubbling.