Hi everyone! I am finally back from Oklahoma and my dad is doing so much better. His surgeries went well, all of the tubing and such he had has been taken out, and he is on the road to recovery. I am so ecstatic that I could leave Oklahoma knowing he was doing well.
I am now able to focus on preparing for our baby! It’s a boy by the way, and we are naming him William Scott. I am about to enter into my 3rd trimester, and as we prepare for baby William there will probably be more blog posts about baby stuff. I am also planning to do a big freezer meal prep in November sometime, and will have all of that up on the blog.
Now that I am back here is a new and yummy healthy recipe. It’s perfect for fall and is pretty guilt free! Hope you all enjoy it as much as we did!
*This recipe was the perfect amount for 2, for family of 4 just double!
- 1 1/2 links Italian Sausage cut into pieces
- 1/2 jar alfredo sauce of choice
- 1/2 small spaghetti squash
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place spaghetti squash face down in sprayed baking dish.
- Bake squash for 40-45 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- While spaghetti squash is cooking, I waited until about 20 minutes left on timer, cook sausage in skillet. About 4-5 minutes per side or until completely cooked.
- When sausage is finished drain out extra grease.
- Remove finished squash from the oven and shred into “noodles.” This is easily done with a fork, and it will just fall apart.
- Add noodles to the sausage, then add 1/2 of the alfredo sauce.
- If the squash is runny (sometimes mine has water sometimes it doesn’t) strain the mixture.
- Add the remainder of the sauce and serve.
- Season as desired.