Hi all! I am back with another whole30 approved meal. This recipe is super simple, and very delicious. I chose to serve mine with green beans, but any vegetable side would do. The husband loved it, which is always a good thing, and I will definitely be adding this to my regular rotation of meals.
If you are not doing whole30 you can add cheese and other toppings, although, I honestly didn’t miss the cheese. I really thought I would, but it was fantastic just as is. I topped mine with hot sauce, but salsa would work as well! Hope you all enjoy it as much as we did!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- 1 pound ground hamburger
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 tbsp red pepper
- 1/2-1 tbsp garlic powder (I like garlic so I use the full tbsp)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Oil outside of sweet potatoes and wrap in aluminum foil and bake for hour (you can also cook in the microwave wrapped in a paper towel for shorter time).
- Place hamburger in medium-high heat skillet. Cooked until browned about 5-7 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes to skillet and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add spices and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Top sweet potatoes with hamburger mix, and top with avocado. Serve with side of choice.