Hi all! First I just want to wish everyone a happy Valentine’s Day! Hoping you all are getting to spend it with those you love. Today, I am giving you a recipe for soup, a weekly menu, and a grocery list. Also, I have started whole 30, so everything that I will be posting for the next 30 days will be whole 30 approved! Even if you aren’t doing this program, the food is still amazing and super healthy!
Let’s start with the weekly menu:
- Monday: Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Tuesday: Steak, Potatoes, and Green Beans
- Wednesday: Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
- Thursday: Stuffed Chicken and Green Beans
- Friday: Steak and Broccoli Skillet with Roasted Potatoes
- Saturday: One Pan Chicken, Potato, and Veggie Dish
- Sunday: Kale, Chicken, and Sweet Potato Soup
- 3 sweet potatoes-$3.50
- 3 Idaho potatoes-$3.00
- 3 Avocados-$5.00
- Baby Carrots-$2.00
- 2 Steaks and 1 small flat-iron steaks-$10.00
- 1 pound hamburger meat-$4.00
- Chicken Broth-$3.00
- 3 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Balsamic Vinegar-$3.00
- 2 can green beans-$2.00
*All prices are rounded up and based on my local grocery store, your prices may vary. Also, I didn’t put spices and some things that most people have already in their pantry. This grocery list goes with the entire weeks meals.
Now for the recipe!
- 1 large chicken breast boiled and shredded
- 1 large sweet potato chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1-2 cups kale torn into pieces
- 4-5 small mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup baby carrots sliced
- 1 carton (about 4 cups) chicken broth
- 1-2 tbsp Lime juice or 1 lime (if you use the lime cut into slices and squeeze the juice into the soup)
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp oregano
- pepper to taste (I don’t use salt, because there is plenty for me in the broth)
- In a dutch oven place broth and all veggies. I cook this on medium heat while my chicken is boiling, so about 30-40 minutes.
- Add chicken to soup.
- Add seasoning and lime juice and simmer for another 15 minutes.