First off I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I hope you all rang in the new year with the ones you love! I am here with a new healthy recipe, that will help you get started on your new year healthy eating!
This recipe was so simple and taste absolutely great. I also loved that you can make it in one pan, because we all know clean-up is so much better with fewer pans! This is loaded with protein and vegetables, and if you want to make it vegetarian substitute the chicken for beans of your choice, and mushrooms. Hope you all enjoy this as much as I did!
- 1 large chicken breast diced into cubes
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 bag of frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 small tomato diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar to taste (or about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and turn on to medium-high heat.
- Place cubed chicken into skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes a side, or until cooked throughout.
- Add frozen peas and carrots to skillet, and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until peas and carrots can easily be stirred.
- Add all additional vegetables to skillet. Pour olive oil and vinegar into skillet, and add all seasonings.
- Turn the skillet down to low-medium heat, and simmer for about 5-7 more minutes, or until all vegetables are soft and spinach is somewhat wilted.