Hi all! I am back with a very easy, healthy, and delicious dinner. I wanted to make a simple hamburger and vegetable dinner, but I was bored with the same old beef and vegetables. So, I came up with this stuffed version of the very staple of the American diet. As you can see here, I chose to eat mine bun-less. I have been cutting back on bread, because it is my true weakness. This would be just as good on a bun with cheese, or however you would like to serve it.
What makes this even better is that the Brussel sprouts are seasoned with exactly the same thing as the hamburger is, so it makes it even easier. Don’t worry, they both have their own individual and delicious taste. So here is the recipe:
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1/2 pound Brussel sprouts split in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning (1 tbsp for hamburger and 1 for sprouts)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup (or honestly however much you want) shredded 5 cheese Italian
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. (I baked both the Brussel sprouts and hamburger, you can grill burger if wanted).
- Split the hamburger into 2 half-pound patties, and form into bowls.
- Place half of spinach in each hamburger bowl.
- Top spinach with half each of the Italian cheese.
- Sprinkle a little balsamic vinegar over top of burger bowls.
- Fold burger bowls into patties and top both sides with half seasonings and half vinegar. (use half to reserve for Brussel sprouts). I do this by sight, but you can measure if you need.
- Place split Brussel sprouts on aluminum foil, and top with oil, remaining vinegar, and seasonings. Wrap sprouts in aluminum foil.
- Place burgers in baking dish and Brussel sprouts on a cookie sheet. Bake everything for 40 minutes or until cooked throughout.