Hi! I have been in Oklahoma visiting family since Thanksgiving. Luckily, I only have one more trip planned for Christmas, and I am only gone a week! So more recipes will be coming.
I am super excited to share this recipe with you. I made it for my parents while in Oklahoma, and they absolutely loved it! I even made it with leftover brisket from Thanksgiving, which made it even better.
Before I get to the recipe, make sure you keep an eye out after Christmas for an awesome product by me! Can’t wait to reveal what I’ve been working on, while not writing!
Now for the important part:
- 4-5 small Idaho potatoes (not as many if they are big) chopped into chunks.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 pounds of already cooked brisket (cook in crock pot if you don’t have leftovers)
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce of choice
- 1 cup Colby jack shredded cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In sprayed square baking dish (size of your choice) place the potatoes on bottom.
- Coat the potatoes with oil and spices.
- Bake potatoes for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- While potatoes are cooking shred your brisket and place in a saucepan with BBQ sauce, heat on low until bubbling.
- When potatoes are finished pull out of oven and top with BBQ brisket.
- Coat the whole dish with cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.