So, I know this time it has definitely been a while since I last posted. Unfortunately life happened. hurricane Matthew arrived and we had to evacuate, my husband had an airplane breakdown so we had to travel to pick that up, and just basic life things. Hopefully, I am back on track and will not take a month to post again. I have several recipes I have done over this month, and I can not wait to share them all!
Today I am posting this low carb chicken stuffed BLT. It was so good and pretty simple. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Well let’s get straight to the recipe then:
- Pesto (about 1-2 tbsp)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large or 2 regular size chicken breast
- 3 strips turkey bacon (or regular bacon)
- 1/2 small tomato sliced
- 1/4 cup spinach
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Split chicken breast in half.
- Spread with pesto on both sides of breast, and season with salt & pepper.
- Top one side of breast with tomato, bacon, and spinach.
- Place the other side of breast on top of the topped breast.
- If one big chicken breast cut in half.
- Place in greased baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until both chicken and bacon are cooked throughout.
- Serve with side of choice (I used green beans).