I am honestly the world’s worst when it comes to posting. I know I sound like a broken record, but this summer has been hectic. I have visitors coming later this month and a trip planned, but October should be pretty slow (good news for my blog)!
I hope everyone had a fantastic labor day weekend. I know I did. This week I FINALLY have a new menu. I also have this amazing dish to share with you. I was a bit worried about the mix o flavors with this one, but they ended up turning out exactly as I hoped. Even if you are not health conscious, this is a recipe I would recommend (not to toot my own horn or anything).
First things first, here is the new menu:
- Monday: Pinto bean veggie bowl
- Tuesday: Buffalo chicken southwest salad
- Wednesday: Spaghetti squash lasagna
- Thursday: BBQ baked chicken and green beans
- Friday: Whole wheat noodle & veggie soup
- Saturday: Hamburger veggie casserole
- Sunday: Homemade thin crust veggie pizza
You’ll notice I was on a veggie kick this week, but with the farmers markets coming to an end soon, I thought I would take complete advantage. 🙂 For those still doing 21 day Fix, this is 1 red, 1 green, and 1 blue container.
Hamburger Veggie Casserole:
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 zucchini halved and sliced
- 1/4 large red onion largely diced
- 1 whole carrot halved and sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 can of diced tomatoes with green chili’s
- 1/4-1/2 cup Colby-jack shredded cheese
- salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in medium-high skillet until completely cooked about 5-7 minutes.
- Chop vegetables and place them in a sprayed baking dish.
- Add beef to the top of veggies.
- Layer the 1/2 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies evenly on top of the beef.
- Season the pan with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning over the meat and veggie mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.