I am back (finally) with a new recipe and menu! This recipe is so easy and low carb. I have been eating less and less breads, and my meals are reflecting that. Not to worry, I will still have carb recipes for all the bread lovers of the world (which includes me hence having to cut back a little).
I also have a new menu for the week, which I promise I actually have time to post some of the recipes this week! We are finally getting settled in our new home, and it is a bit less hectic this week. Next week, however, I will be traveling back to Oklahoma to visit family and will try my very best to post at least once that week.
First thing first, here is the new menu:
- Monday:stuffed chicken with spinach and feta
- Tuesday:chili relleno casserole
- Wednesday:zoodle chicken pesto
- Thursday:burger bowls
- Friday:chicken berry salad
- Saturday:sausage, beans, and pepper skillet
- Sunday:steak & tomato mozzarella salad
Now for the delicious recipe that is pictured.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 small can of slice black olives
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet on medium-high heat cook ground turkey with all spices until cooked thoroughly.
- Spray a baking dish with extra virgin olive oil (I use the store brand cooking spray).
- Layer the finished ground turkey in the baking dish.
- On top of the ground turkey layer use 1/4 of the cheese.
- Next, layer the diced bell pepper and onion.
- Top the bell pepper and onions with the enchilada sauce.
- Top with cheese and sliced black olives.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.