If you have read my blog you know that I am a planner. I started tonight making Guacamole Turkey burgers, but as I went to retrieve my avocado I noticed it was growing mold. My initial feeling was to freak out. I DO NOT like having my plans go awry (it’s a problem I know). Proudly, this time I didn’t let it side-track me. Oh, I also didn’t tell you this was half-way through the cooking of the turkey burgers…..
I realized I needed a new plan and quick! I opened the refrigerator, pulled out an onion and BBQ sauce and formed a new plan. I sliced the onion, placed it on top of the burgers and smothered them in BBQ sauce. The funny thing, I’m pretty sure these turned out better than what I had originally planned. Life is funny that way sometimes. 🙂
- 3/4 pound ground turkey made into two patties
- paprika to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- rosemary to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 2 cleans slices of medium onion
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Pre-heat greased skillet on medium-low(I set it to a 4)
- Season turkey on both sides with the paprika, salt, pepper, rosemary, and garlic powder. (I said to taste but I just covered both sides with spices)
- Place turkey burgers in pre-heated greased skillet. Cook for 10 minutes a side.
- When you flip the burger over after the first 10 minutes place the onion and BBQ sauce on each patty (1 onion sliced and 1/4 cup BBQ sauce per patty).
- Serve (I served mine with baked asparagus).