Hey everyone! I am back with a new simple and low carb meal. I have been trying to do less bread, because I really just eat too much of it, so I came up with this gem. Also, I recently got a spiralizer and wanted an excuse to use it more.
This was husband approved, and he was skeptical. 😉 Luckily, it was fantastic. I really try to cook as healthy as possible, and this recipe checks off all the healthy requirements (at least by me). Hopefully, everyone will enjoy it just as much as we did!
- 1 large chicken breast cut up into cubes
- 1 bell pepper sliced (I used yellow, use whichever you like)
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 zucchini spiralized
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/2 cup shredded colby jack or mexican cheese
- 1 tsp rosemary or to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spiralize zucchini into greased baking dish.
- Place cut up chicken cubes on top of zucchini.
- Place the bell pepper and onion on top of chicken.
- Season the zucchini, chicken, peppers, and onion with the spices.
- Top the mixture with diced tomatoes with green chiles.
- Bake the dish for 25 minutes.
- Pull the dish out and top with cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Remeber I cook for two. This will serve 3, but for more up the ingredients a bit!