It’s time for a new weekly menu and recipe! As you know, my husband spent a week fishing in the Bahamas. He brought back several pounds of Mahi and Tuna. This, of course, means that this weeks menu includes a lot of fish!
- Monday: seared tuna spinach salad
- Tuesday: Mahi tacos
- Wednesday: chicken fettucine alfredo
- Thursday: tuna steaks & asparagus
- Friday: burgers, grilled corn, and guacamole
- Saturday: zoodle spaghetti & side salad
- Sunday: mozzarella & spinach stuffed chicken breast with sweet potato fries
I am going to share with you the delicious recipe for seared tuna spinach salad!
- 1 large tuna filet
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup banana peppers
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mozzarella or cheese of your choice
- Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Season the tuna filet with all seasonings (1/2 on each side).
- Turn the skillet up to high heat and cook tuna for 2 mins on each side.
- Layer spinach, banana peppers, avocado, & cheese.
- Slice the tuna and place on top of the spinach.
- Serve with your favorite salad dressing, vinegar & oil, or nothing at all!