The first thing my husband said, “this is a vegetarian meal for carnivores.” I was ecstatic! My husband was raised on the classic southern diet of meat and potatoes, so for him to love this meal was a, gold star for me! Luckily, for him and me, his palate has expanded, and he loves to try my experiments in the kitchen (he is still getting used to some new flavors). 🙂
So, what is this veggie meal for carnivores? It is this awesome veggie lasagna, perfect for all! I hope you enjoy it as much as the hubs!
- Oven ready no boil lasagna noodles
- Ricotta cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Baby Spinach
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- small can of diced black olives
- 1/2 zucchini diced
- 1/2 summer squash diced
- Spaghetti Sauce (I use organic or you can make your own)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- dice all of your veggies & tear up about 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- saute all of your vegetables on medium heat for 5 mins
- Spray your baking dish with olive oil (I used an 8×8, but you may use bigger)
- Put a layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the dish and top with about 1/3 of your veggies.
- Layer noodles, ricotta, and mozzarella on top of the sauce mix
- Continue layering
- When you reach your last layer, top with the sauce and veggies (don’t add the cheese).
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour
- Remove aluminum foil add mozzarella and bake for an additional 5 mins or until cheese is bubbly
One thing I love about this recipe is you can add or take out any veggies you want! I love mushrooms, but my husband hates them, so if it were just me I would add them!