Hi everyone! I hope you all have been enjoying my menus and recipes. Today, I want to explain the thought process behind some of my menus. It makes coming up with meals a bit simpler, and you can always change it up!
When I sit down to write-up my menu, I follow some pretty obvious ideas. I usually do a no meat Monday, so Monday becomes Meatless Monday. Everyone loves a Taco Tuesday, sometimes I stick to tacos or I do a fun mexican inspired dish. I love Italian food so I always think Wine Wednesday, because what Italian food doesn’t go great with wine! 😉 I try to do one low carb meal a week, and that goes on Thursdays, sorry, there’s no cute phrase for that one (maybe thirsty thursday…..)! I try to make a fresh new meal or a light and fresh meal, so Friday becomes Fresh Friday!!
I don’t really have anything for the weekend days, but I can usually think of 2 meals without prompts. If I’m completely stuck I prowl the internet for inspiration.
I don’t always follow these rules, sometime I don’t even put the meals that fit those categories on those days (GASP)! It’s just a nice guideline for when I’m stuck and trying to find out what sounds good for the week!
Here is a menu that follows those rules:
- Monday: Mediterranean Veggie Pizza
- Tuesday: Soft Tacos and Guacamole
- Wednesday: Veggie Lasagna
- Thursday: Chicken and Cauliflower Rice
- Friday: Chicken Strawberry and Walnut Spinach Salad
- Saturday: Turkey Nachos
- Sunday: Ravioli Pasta Salad
Also here is a recipe for the Ravioli Pasta Salad:
Prep Time: 1 hour if using non instant rice, Cook Time: 10 mins, Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 1 package ravioli (I used Buitoni 3 cheese)
- shredded Italian Cheese
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1 small can of diced black olives
- 1/2 small tomato diced
- 1/4 small onion diced
- handful of sun-dried tomatoes diced
- handful of baby spinach torn up into pieces
- handful of jarred mild banana pepper rings diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 a cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook Wild Rice according to package instructions (can always use instant rice to save on time)
- Cook Ravioli according to package instructions
- Dice all of your veggies
- When rice is finished add all of your veggies except spinach to the pan and saute on medium low heat with 1/2 the amount of olive oil called for, for 5 mins
- Add spinach and ravioli to the pan
- Then add italian seasoning, salt & pepper, garlic, and rest of oil to the pan turn to low heat add rest of the olive oil and simmer for 2 mins.
- Turn heat off and stir in Cheese
Can serve immediately or put in the refrigerator for 30 mins and serve chilled.