Today I’m back with another recipe! This recipe is from Tuesday’s weekly menu, and I am also giving the grocery list that goes with it to make your next week meals a breeze! I was actually pretty nervous when I made this for my husband, because it is a little different from our usual flavors. Of course, that is what I was aiming for, and it did not disappoint!
Feel free to change or add seasonings and ingredients for what works for your family, not all taste are the same, but I don’t think you’ll need to tweak this one! 🙂 Enjoy.
*This made 5 tacos, plenty for two people. If you are making for more just double the ingredients!
Prep Time:30 mins, Cook Time: 15 mins, Total Time: 45 mins
- 1/2 large chicken breast
- Tortillas of your choice
- 1/4 tomato diced
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1/2 can of black beans
- 1 cup baby spinach
- lime juice as needed
- 3/4 cup shredded mexican cheese
small container of plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Begin by boiling the chicken breast for twenty minutes or until cooked throughout.
- While chicken is boiling complete the following steps:
- Dice tomatoes and onions
- Fold tortillas into a pre-greased baking pan
- Start by layering ingredients, black beans first
- Next top with spinach
- Then add the tomatoes and diced onion.
- When chicken is finished, shred it and place it into the tortillas.
- Squeeze lime juice onto chicken breast, about two passes or to taste
- Top with shredded cheese and greek yogurt
- Bake in oven for 15 mins and serve!
They are so simple and delicious, and have the added benefit of being healthy!
Next is my grocery list, remember I am cooking for two so if you have a bigger family adjust accordingly!
- 2 large chicken breast
- 1 large skinless salmon
- 1 pound hamburger
- bundle of asparagus
- yellow onion
- 1 large eggplant
- baby spinach
- 1 lemon
- small container of plain greek yogurt
- 1 small container of skim milk or non dairy milk of your choice
- bag of shredded parmesan cheese
- bag of shredded mexican cheese
- 1 small can of italian style breadcrumbs
- package of 3 cheese ravioli
- fettuccine noodles
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of black olives sliced or chopped
- 1 small can of green chiles
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of cream of celery soup
- 1 can of Rotel (I use hot)
- chicken broth
*Some spices I use are not on the list, because they are common and are usually already on hand!
Make sure you check back soon, I will be posting more recipes from the weekly menu!